Subtitling "Covington Cross"
Step 1: Subtitle Workshop - Saving Subtitles.
The first step in creating a DVD with subtitles is to save your subtitles in a format your DVD-player will be able to understand. This means that you have to create your own subtitle format.
- Load your subtitle file in subtitle workshop.
- Select File/Save as or press Ctrl-Shift-S.
- Select "Custom Format"
- Enter the following information in the left part of the new window:
- The Name of your own subtitle format.
- Set "extension" to "*.txt".
- Set "new line character" to "|" (AltGr-<)
- Check the "frame" option.
- Your window should look like this now:
- Delete everything from the right part of your window, and write in the following:
- There should be three lines in your window now:
- Save your subtitles.
Step 2: Converting into a DVD subtitle file.