Stephanie Heiß (vormals Kader), Dipl.-Dolmetscherin
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin (University Lecturer)
Interpreting Studies and Interdisciplinary Translation Studies, Comparative North American Studies, Gender Studies, Popular Culture and Literary Genres as Means of Social Change, Ethnic and Social Diversity in the United States
1. “‘Women, Men and Other Aliens’: Narrating Gender and Identity in Selected Works by Suzette Haden Elgin, Octavia Estelle Butler and Ursula Kroeber Le Guin.” (in preparation)
2. “Fandom, Feminism, and Science Fiction: From Outer Space to the Inner Circle.” Funnel: Newsmagazine of the German-American Fulbright Commission (2005): 27-8. Print.
3. (with Catherine Chabasse) “Testing Interpreting Aptitude: The MA KD Germersheim Project.” Interpreting: International Journal of Research and Practice in Interpreting 16.1 (2014): 19-33. Print.
Invited Book Contributions
4. “Writing Against the Grain: An Interview with Suzette Haden Elgin.” (submitted)
1. “Germany and the International Community: An Interdisciplinary Look Beyond Borders.” Fulbright Conference on International Cooperation in Academia. New Orleans, 02/2005.
2. “Bringing Fandom into Academia: Science Fiction, Feminism and Beyond.” WisCon Conference on Feminist Science Fiction, Academic Track Programming. Madison, Wisconsin, 05/2005.
3. “Interpreting for the EU Institutions and Surviving as a Newbee.” Model European Union 2011 Conference. Strasbourg, 03/2011.
4. “Interpreting at the European Parliament: Making EU Policy Accessible.” Model European Union 2012 Conference. Strasbourg, 03/2012.
5. “The EU Parlament for Novice Interpreters: Helping Young People Cooperate for a Better Future.” Model European Union 2014 Conference. Strasbourg, 04/2014.
Since 03/2011 Johannes Gutenberg University Staff Liaison to MEU at the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France
05/2011 Teaching Assistant for Interpreting Studies at Beijing International Studies University
Since 08/2005 Doctoral Student and Lecturer at the University of Mainz, Department of Translation Studies, Linguistics and Cultural Studies
08/2004 – 08/2005 Fulbright Scholar at Clark University’s English Department in Worcester, Massachusetts
02/2002 – 06/2004 Graduate Student at the University of Mainz, Department of Translation Studies, Linguistics and Cultural Studies
06/2001-02/2002 Erasmus EU-Exchange Student at the Mercator Hogeschool in Ghent, Belgium
10/1999 – 06/2001 Undergraduate Student at the University of Mainz, Department of Translation Studies, Linguistics and Cultural Studies